President/CEO – Linda Alexander
Linda Alexander is truly a multi-tasker who is focused on strengthening the Jewish Community of Central New York.
She brings exceptional experience to the position of Interim President/CEO of the Jewish Federation of CNY. In addition, Linda will remain as the founding Executive Director of the Jewish Foundation of CNY.
Linda has served as President of the Syracuse Jewish Federation, President of Congregation Beth Sholom-Chevra Shas, Chair of an SJF Annual Campaign and has sat on the Boards of the Jewish Home Foundation, Inter-Religious Council and WCNY.
It is clear that her work in the both the Jewish and general community is highly valued. She is the recipient of the:
- Post Standard Achievement Award
- Citizen of the Year Honoree from Temple Adath Yeshurun
- Joseph & Esther Roth Award for Jewish Communal Leadership,
- Woman of Achievement from Na’Amat USA,
- Community Service Award from the Onondaga County Medical Society Alliance
- Hannah G. Solomon Award by the National Council of Jewish Women
Linda has been married to Steven Alexander, M.D. for 43 years, has 3 adult children and 3 grandchildren.