The Jewish Federation of CNY is a 501 (C) 3 not-for-profit corporation established to serve the interests and well being of the Central New York Jewish community by ensuring that the vision of Jewish identity and continuity is realized. The Federation implements this purpose by:
• Maintaining links with and supporting the national Jewish community of the USA, Israel and every part of the world
• Building a thriving Jewish community and enriching the educational, cultural and social life of the Jewish community
• Raising funds for the support of overseas, national and local Jewish philanthropic agencies
• Providing for central planning, coordination, administration and leadership development for local Jewish communal services
• Safeguarding and defending the civic, economic and religious rights of the Jewish people
• Representing the Jewish community in inter-religious and inter-group activities
• Ascertaining the will of the Jewish community on matters affecting the total community and acting as its spokesperson in such matters.